Image Map

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ultimate Ideas Notebook

Do you ever feel like your ideas from magazines are overwhelming? 6 months ago my sister gave me all of her old magazines she had saved for I swear 2 years. From family magazines - to parenting- to kids crafts, it was AWESOME! I went through them all and tore out all the pages I loved, and kept them in a pile. Well the pile stayed and stayed in a magazine holder for the past 3 months. I looked at it and thought, "you know what? I need to organize these because there are some amazing ideas." I needed access to them quickly and have them in categories. So I made this notebook. On the font are a list of all the categories and inside I made tabs! Pretty great I must say, and it didn't cost me a penny. I am very happy to say I have even used it twice since organizing it! How wonderful it is to have it organized instead of sorting through my pile of papers when I need something specific.





My mess of amazing ideas!


I wrote down all the categories and separated all the pages into organized piles. 
Valentines
Cake and Party Ideas
Summer - 4th of July
School Lunch Ideas
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Kid Crafts
Food and Recipes
Dream House

I then three hole punched all my papers


I took black card stock, 3 hole punched them and made them as dividers


I cut out strips of black paper to to make tabs!


The next strip I cut was a little shorter, the next a little shorter etc. JUST LIKE TABS! GENIUS!


I have been crazy about this darling border punch I got a month ago. I a throwing my friend a baby shower and you will see it EVERYWHERE, I used it in her invitations, as lace on my cake stands! THIS PUNCH IS AMAZING!


I printed out a paper for the front that says all of the idea categories


I lastly wrote on the black card stock tabs with a white colored pencil each category. TA DA!



Linking up here


7 comments:

  1. I like it. I need to do this with all the recipes I have clipped over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to do something similar to this with stuff I found online. I rarely read magazines. I have binders of crafts I have printed over the years. Now I pin them but its really cute for magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love getting organized ~ so fun!
    I'm visiting you today from Sugar Bee Crafts. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesday (open thru Sat). I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog, leave a comment and Link Up, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love the idea of an idea notebook since I always seem to have my ideas spread across my office. Thanks for sharing this on BRAG ABOUT IT Party at BeBetsy - we love to meet new people - so welcome! Hope to see you again next week and check us out at http://bebetsy.com - lots of great things happening. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute book! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #12!

    ~Amber
    Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete