Image Map

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Beaded Night Lights

This was such a fun project for my little June (2 1/2) and I to do together. We were given these products for free from CraftProjectIdeas.com to make something new. I love to take things I have seen and used before and make something different and child friendly. One of my friends helped me come up with the idea for these beads as night light "globes." I've used beads like this all growing up in bracelets, so I was VERY excited to give them a new concept, like these Night Light Globes.
June LOVED stringing the beads onto the pipe cleaners as mommy glued it to the LED night light.
(It needs to be LED so it doesn't get hot and burn)
This is a GREAT Parent and child activity! Check it out!




Take your Glow in the Dark Pony Beads, Pipe Cleaners and LED plug in night light and get started!

(I wanted to get a picture of the plug in light we have, it was your typical "clear textured rectangular plastic" cover that slid over top of the light, my baby boy loved to take it off everyday so I finally just threw it away, Hence no plastic cover to show you, but that is what it is if you were to go buy one)

(Click HERE to see the LED sensor night lights I bought at Wal-Mart)


Put a loop in the bottom of the pipe cleaner to keep the beads from falling off. Then have your child start stringing the colored beads onto the Pipe Cleaners


Isn't she a doll?!


Have your child string 3 pipe cleaners total.


Take the loops apart and twist them together, so in the end you have 1 LONG strand of beads. You will need to add more beads to make up for the space the loops took.


This is where Mommy or Daddy comes in. Mommy or Daddy get to choose what to do with the long strand of beads your child made, start in the back and glue down.


With the pink and green night light I started in the back and made turns and loops, some how it worked out and I glued the beads all together everywhere they touched.


With the Orange and Blue Night Light I simple glued around and around and around. I tucked the "end loop" of the pipe cleaner on the top inside the "globe."


Super fun all lit up!



Designs and color combinations are endless! Fun little craft for rainy days.



Linking up here

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is so cool. I will have to try this with my little Emma(2 1/2).

    ReplyDelete