Image Map

Monday, September 2, 2013

Peppercorn & Garlic Pulled Pork

My husband and I recently went on our monthly date to a newly opened restaurant. It is "cowboy" themed. You were given a basket of AMAZING corn bread mini muffins (I will probably try to recreate them soon) and their food were all "western themed" names. I LOVE pulled pork sandwiches so I always love to try them at different restaurants we visit. Well this particular restaurant's pulled pork was TO DIE FOR! I ate SOO much I felt like they would have to roll me out of there. But I was quite impressed that their pulled pork wasn't drenched in BBQ sauce, they let the pork speak for itself, it was peppery and scrumptious! Making this I was impressed with myself. It was as if I grabbed some pork from the restaurant and put it on my plate! TALK ABOUT A TON OF FLAVOR! YUMMMY! 


Peppercorn & Garlic Pulled Pork
(This makes A LOT)

2 - 1 lb. Pork Loins
4-5 garlic cloves finely minced
4 T. Fresh Cracked Pepper
3 tsp. Salt
1/3 c. water

In a small bowl mix the minced garlic, pepper and salt in a bowl, like a dry rub. Rub the pork loins down and place in a greased crock pot. Pour in the 1/3 c. water. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. 

When done- shred the meat in the juices to keep moist and flavorful. Place shredded pork on a bun or roll and garnish with avacado slices - We love avacado on almost anything! 




Linking up here


1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds so delicious, Brooklyn!! We love pulled pork - I'm pinning to try this soon! I hope you're having a fun Labor Day!

    ~Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

    ReplyDelete