Image Map

Monday, October 28, 2013

How To Make Perfect Brown Rice

Our family has tried many different ways to prepare brown rice. Finally, after many trials of following the directions and no tasty success, I made up my own way. I ignore the directions and let it boil until I like the texture. But that's not all I do, I RINSE IT! Say WHAT?! That's right, I rinse the rice when it is done boiling to get all of the starchy water off, and all you are left with is perfect, brown rice!
When my sister I TOTALLY idolize came to visit, I made a meal with "our" brown rice. She said it was the best rice she has ever had. AND THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING! I was BEAMING! MYYY older sister wanted to know how IIII made something!? I was happy to show her, and now I am happy to show you!


First place about 1- 1 1/2 c. brown rice into 8-10 c. water and bring to a boil


As you leave it and stir occasionally, the water will start to boil out. This is a problem when the water and rice start to meet at the top. Then you simply add more water...


You always want the rice "swimming" in water so the "starchy water" doesn't stay in the rice.
When rice has reached your desired consistency (45 min- an hour)


Pour the rice into a colander or strainer with small holes so the rice doesn't escape


Rinse well with hot water and EAT! 


There you have it! Perfect Brown Rice!



Linking up here



No comments:

Post a Comment