Image Map

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Corn Chex Bread Crumbs

I'm never going back to regular breadcrumbs. This Chicken Parmesan with Corn Chex Breadcrumbs is the BEST I've ever had! I've made it 4 times in the last week because I love it THAT much!
I've been attempting more and more recipes that are deemed "gluten free."
I have a dear friend who is gluten free, and who has been visiting for the past couple months. I've wanted to attempt this for a while now and finally did! I didn't know what I was missing! I can't wait to make this for her!


Corn Chex Breadcrumbs
1 c. ground Corn Chex (Corn Chex cereal crushed in a blender or food processor)
2 T. Parmesan Cheese
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Italian seasonings 
(if you don't have Italian Seasonings on hand just grab a pinch of dried oregano, basil & thyme)

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and use right away or refrigerate for later. 
(It needs to be refrigerated due to the Parmesan cheese)


How to make this lovely Chicken Parmesan

Take a large chicken breast and fillet it through the middle. Cut the 2 fillets in half. Now you have 4 thin quarters of chicken. Thin chicken is key to perfect chicken parmesan.

Grab 2 shallow bowls
In one bowl place 2 beaten eggs
In the second bowl place your new Corn Chex Breadcrumbs

Grab your fry pan and turn it on to MEDIUM heat with 3 T. Olive Oil.

Dip one quarter of your chicken into the egg bowl then transfer to the breadcrumbs.
Coat with the breadcrumbs then lay into the pan &oil. 

Repeat with the other 3 pieces of chicken, dip, coat, place in the pan.

When all 4 pieces of coated chicken are in the fry pan, cook it over Medium heat until golden brown. Flip with a spatula onto the other side to finish cooking. (add 1-2 T. more olive oil if needed)

**Its VERY important that you don't rush on high heat, too high of heat will burn the crust and leave the chicken uncooked.

When chicken is cooked through (cut into a piece and make sure it's not pink), Place the Chex crusted chicken over your favorite noodles and top with marinara sauce! DELISH!


This is an AWESOME 30 minute meal! 


Try my Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan when you need something done on busy days!
 It's delicious!


Linking up here

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy I saw your post. The corn chex crumbs is a brilliant idea! My daughter (who is 35) is gluten intolerant. I'm always trying recipes that will be good and she can eat!

    ReplyDelete